Old 07-04-05, 03:26 PM
juf2m

Bikes: Serotta Fierte Steel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jennings780
In my experience (and that of a number of other people I have observed) exercise doesn't always lead to weight loss. When I exercise more I am more hungry and eat more. For me, what I eat makes the most difference. I exercise for the health benefits and the toning and because I am competitive.

I was in a similar situation to you about three years ago. I am 5'9" and weighted about 210. I exercised almost every day and thought I ate healthfully. Then I read an eye-opening book that changed my life -
"Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I lost 45lbs over the next 5 months - without being hungry. I have stayed at 165 since then.

I did some reading up on that diet....all the recipes on their web site are vegetarian. It sounds kind of draconian. Do they let you have ANY fun on that diet (ie any sweets, meat or dairy)? I know I couldn't give that stuff up entirely, but right now I am having one treat day per week and that seems to be working. I actually really enjoy vegetarian cuisine, but it is soooo complicated to prepare. It's tough when you are allergic to or dislike nuts too. I wouldn't even have room in my fridge for 2 lbs of veggies per person per day.

Also, the diet seems geared to sedentary overweight ppl. How do they deal with people who are working out with cycling like us?

Last edited by juf2m; 07-04-05 at 03:35 PM.