samburger
Redheaded Stepchild

Bikes: A fat tire & a skinny tire & two others I loaned out

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Street rider
Where'd you spend most of your time up until this point?
Up until a few weeks ago, I had never roamed outside the Mountain Biking forum. That's still where I frequent, as I've chummed up to a lot of the folk over there (& it seems to be a more active forum..I guess old people have more free time) I raced BMX as a kid (mostly through middle school) & got into mountain biking with a friend about a year & a half ago when I joined BF.

I finished a mountain bike build a few weeks ago & wanted a new project, so I started thinking about maybe a 24" or 26" DJ, but then decided I didn't want to put that much money into another bike & I wanted to start going to the skate park with my friends (being a hack on a BMX/DJ at a skate park is one thing, being a hack on a mountain bike at a skate park is just humiliating). So I started lurking around this forum (mostly just using the magical "search" feature to avoid asking redundant questions) but then I stumbled on this bike that was already almost completely built with mostly mid-range components & had to get it.

I ended up buying the bike with everything pictured except the pedals for $100, assembled & tuned what needed assembly & tuning the other night & I just got back from testing it out at the local BMX track. I can't believe how much skill & fast-twitch muscle I've lost in the last 7 years! I knew I'd be rough around the edges, but I couldn't clear or even manual over a single set on the entire track! Sad day, but good motivation to get back out there & start relearning everything I've forgotten.