Old 09-25-11, 02:28 PM
paperbackwriter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The whole British team did an unbelievable job for Cavendish. Froome was pulling for like >100 km, I hope he'll be in similar shape next season. Wiggo also great, he's awesome these days. And they started working for this long ago when they were counting every point in every race possible to have eight men team. Chapeau.
But it's also true that the job in the final was all Cav's. For a moment there I thought he's done but he managed on a messy uphill finish, with his train cooked- and it wasn't the first time when he showed he can do it. I don't even want to imagine how much pressure he was under which makes it all the more impressive, really well done.

Gossy did good, I thought he isn't strong enough at the moment and it was actually pretty close. Shame he didn't have Renshaw- who I imagine was throwing things at his TV seeing how the race panned out- but whatever, silver after Cavendish is fine anyway.

I suppose Cav, Goss and Greipel is the outcome you would expect on such easy course, they are probably the fastest (maybe along with Farrar and perhaps Kittel will join them soon). It was nice to see Cav and Greipel warmly congratulating each other having in mind their past differences. On the side note, HTC continues to impress.

Gutted for Cancellara though, awesome effort. And Voeckler-Hoogerland at the front were pretty epic, you gotta love them, no matter how hopeless it is they'll always have a go.