Old 09-27-11, 07:14 PM
86Lemansrs

Bikes: 1986 Centurion LeMans RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All-

Reviving an older-ish thread for my first post. Glad I found this community as I am new to cycling and just purchased a '86 Centurion LeMans RS. I was lucky enough (in my opinion) to secure a Sea-foam green one here in San Diego. Hopefully someone has some time to answer some questions for a newbie.

As I am new to cycling, i just want to ride the bike. As far as I can tell, everything is original on the bike, including the seat and grip tape. As its my first bike, everything feels great to me. I'm sure as I keep riding, I will find things that I want to change, but right now its purely cosmetic. The bike has some nicks and scratches in the green paint and I wanted to find some paint to fill it in. I have found a Bianchi paint known as Celeste Green and from what I can tell online, it looks pretty close if not the same. Does anyone have any experience with touching up a green Centurion and if so, what did you use.

I am also swapping out the grip tape on the handle bar and wanted to replace the brake-lever hoods. The covers are the original white but both are extremely dirty, been washed numerous times and can stand to be replaced. Anyone know the specific brake hoods i should be looking for or where i can get them?

Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

Last edited by 86Lemansrs; 09-27-11 at 07:18 PM.