View Single Post
Old 07-05-05, 01:22 AM
Groundhawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a bike stolen when I was a kid. I lived in a small town then..where everybody practically knew everyone. 2 kids stole it right out of our front yard one night while our family was sleeping. The local police chief caught the 2 kids... they were about to paint the bike. We didn't even know it had been stolen. The police chief recognized the bike.. which was mine. He brought it to our house the next morning and told us what had happened. I was just a kid, but I was shocked when he told us that it was 2 of our second cousins who stole it.

My son recently had a Trek 4300 mountain bike stolen in southern florida. He had purchased it used about 6 months before this happened. He paid $200 for it. It was his first bike store bike and he truly loved the bike. He was into motorcycles before then. He told me that he locked it up to a rack. Went into a resteraunt , and was in there about 45 minutes. When he came out the bike was gone. He filed a police report, but it has never been found.

I found out later that it wasn't locked up with a lock. He locked it with a cable lock. The thief just cut the cable and took off on it. On the bright side. He will be purchasing a new 4300 mountain bike within the next couple of weeks. And he told me that he will be using a different lock. Probably a new york lock.