View Single Post
Old 09-30-11, 10:12 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Video: Rapha/Focus GP (MFG CX #2)

A couple weekends ago was Starcrossed, the local stop in the UCI pro-points series and the following day on the same course was the Rapha/Focus GP; #2 in the MFG Cyclocross series.
I raced the Cat-4 Masters in Starcrossed (35 and up), and the Cat-4 35+ (35-44) in the MFG Race. Because the UCI brings the goon squad to Starcrossed I didn't bother trying to film anything. Heck, they had the freakin' tire gestapo out there jigging everyone for the damned beer-class race like we were up for some big prize contention or something. Ugh!
Anyhow, I filmed on Sunday at the MFG race and here's the first lap (didn't have the battery full up and it died mid-lap-2). D'oh! Take notice of the flyover ramp we go to the right of. On Saturday it started raining in the evening and kept up for much of the Sunday racing. That ramp was slick as snot, and the organizers thought best to keep everyone safe by re-routing. On Saturday it was fun as hell catching air on that thing!