Old 10-02-11, 11:06 PM
Clarabelle

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha, Fuji touring, Trex hybrid, Bike Friday Tandem Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skibum4ever
Clarabelle, I think we may go for a small frame 26" wheel Co-Motion Mocha. We still have to find one to test drive. I will be working on that this week, as I have not found anything used that will work.

Let us know how you like (love) the bike.
Picked up our Mocha this weekend and took it for its maiden voyage today. We both really enjoyed the ride, and the bike is wonderful. I still have a lot to learn, but after a late start, we got in 13 miles with no mishaps. The new style shifters (Shimano 105 STI Triple) are certainly a lot different than the bar end shifters on my old touring bike, so I'll need to work on developing some new shifting habits. My stoker/wife (who does not make mistakes) was wonderful today. She did not complain about my shaky starts, nor did she stress out about my periodic failures in communication.

Speaking of unannounced bumps, we ordered the Thudbuster seat post, and Sharon loved it. Said her ride was smoother than her half bike with its gel seat.
Tomorrow, we plan on practicing maneuvering at slow speeds down in the church parking lot.