View Single Post
Old 10-06-11, 07:47 AM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Street Pedaler
Treating Sleep Apnea may or may not aid in weight loss (I really don't know), but weight loss definitely has positive effects on Sleep Apnea (this I DO know). Typically, if you can lose about 10% of your body weight, you can solve the Apnea problem. I've got a CPAP machine that's been collecting dust for about 5 years because I no longer need it.

True for some, certainly not true for all. I went from obese to normal weight. I still have sleep apnea. I also continue to have high enough BP that it needs treatment. However, it is now normal with treatment where it was creeping up before. My cholesterol numbers are almost identical to what they were when I was my fattest. I still need statins. It was a bummer to realize that losing weight was not a cure for these chronic problems.

But I feel good, sleep well, and have way more energy than I did when I was fat. I am happy with that.