Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallguy
did my FTP test last night but I botched it by forgetting to claibrate my pm before hand

can someone tell me if in training peaks if I should enter my TT number as the actual average or the TT number - 5%

my average watts were 270 so do I enter 270 in tp or enter 257 (270-5% and rounded)

I'm going to redo my tests soon since I botched it and my pacing was really bad and not consistent at all

I think I can do better in my 5 min test and my FTP if I pace it better instead of my wattage spiking hard at the beginning of my 5 min test and then half blowing up and then trying to hold on.
You have to manually do the FTP number, so you would enter the 257 into training peaks (because the 270 would be a 20min power best, not 60min which is FTP). I'm not sure about everyone else, but I usually round to the closest 5. So I would round that 257 to a 255 or a 260 depending on how I felt the test went (if I paced bad, or if I felt like I had more left, etc). Plus I can't stand having a weird number like 257 be my FTP haha, OCD much!

Don't worry about botching the tests at first. Just go ahead and do a few weeks with your FTP as what you got estimated from the test. You will see over the course of the weeks after doing some workouts if it is a little low or high. You will get a better feel for the power range you can sustain for the test, and you will pace yourself better when you do your next test.

Just to make sure, you did a 20min test right, the 5min test was a different test right?