View Single Post
Old 10-09-11, 01:30 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22513 Post(s)
Liked 8,843 Times in 4,113 Posts
Originally Posted by DScott
Assuming the return spring is intact/working right... it does have a return spring, right?
Do Ultegra 6700 LEVERS have a return spring in them?? I thought all the return action was from the spring in the brake calipers. I squeezed my front caliper tight and then pulled the front lever and it did not spring back. So my guess is there is not a return spring in the calipers...but I honestly don't know.

Anyway I did a 50 mile charity ride today (rideataxia.org) and I noticed that the rear brake lever returns about 90% of the way back, enough so the brake is not rubbing but it's still not "normal."

I popped the cable housing off after the ride and squirted a bunch of silicone-based lube into the housing and stood the bike on its front (ie on fork/bars with front wheel off).

Problem persists.

Any other ideas??? I can certainly ride the bike in its current condition, and if the rear brake starts to rub I can just pop the lever back into place, for the time being...but it's kinda annoying.

Any further suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.