View Single Post
Old 10-10-11, 07:37 AM
jlieu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Well, and perhaps my vision of this might be wrong, but I am looking into a SS/FG (likely flipflop so I can transition if necessary). The reasons being that I would like to learn as much as I can about bike mechanics, anatomy, and physics theories. The SS/FG seemed like a very simplistic model to learn from and slowly expand toward fixed gears (probably cylcocross or mountain bikes).

The other reason being that Mississippi is relatively flat. We don't have mountains, nor do I think what few we do have even qualify as 'hills'. Therefore, the SS/FG seem to have made sense from a commuter/utilitarianism standpoint along with the reduction in maintenance. I just want to ride...Lol.

I have not really rode in awhile. I occasionally jump on my brother-in-law's bike around, but it is pretty difficult given that his bike frame is made for his 6' self versus my 5' 7" frame. As for the cylcocross/mountain bikes interest, we do have a crapload of trails and forests around here and it looked mighty appealing to take a dive into. Nearly everywhere I go (driving, biking, kayaking, etc.)....that is all there is in Mississippi except for the set locations where 'most' people live at.