Old 10-11-11, 08:37 AM
illwafer
)) <> ((

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975
Thank you Oh Great And Knowledgeable Search Master, but it's not very easy to search just two letters. Nor does that have anything to do with the history and background of the brand which is what I wanted to know. Not what some guy's in San Diego's was worth back in 2009.

But thank you anyway.
sigh. so, there's 2 things you can't do. search or read.
There's not that much info on SR bikes, but here's other stuff I've found (just in case someone else stumbles upon this thread).
SR Bicycles, 2765 Main Street, Chula Vista CA 92011.

Edit: I called Kirk's bikes (original seller) and his shop is still open! After congratulating him on this accomplishment, he told me the SR bikes were sold/made by a Mexican family that also ran the Windsor factory in Mexico. The frames (and probably all parts) were imported from Japan. They probably ended up making some "SR" decals and slapped them on the bikes. Kirk commented how these bikes were an incredible value at the time.

Edit #2 from Kirk: "That is what we called the "Pro", not just the "Semi-Pro" which was a more more popular model to to low price ($299 if I remember correctly). I can't remember for sure what the Pro went for, but I'm pretty sure it was still under $500, a real value considering the performance capability."

SR Models:
Alpine Sport 82 Steel
Grand Course 82 Chromoly
Semi-Pro 82 Chromoly
Professional 82 Chromoly
Pro-AM 83 Tange #2
SR Maxima 84 Tange
SR Sakae Prism 94-95 Aluminu.
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=88852