Old 10-11-11, 02:20 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Them animals can be scary. A bud and I encountered a hug buck in the middle of a mountain trail at night. He did not move. We stopped thinking he might move out of the way. But he stared us down then lunged toward us like saying C'mon! I think we both nearly wet our chamois's (chamoi, chamoises, chamois's??)

I hadn't realized the strength of these animals till one day riding up the dirt trail I encountered a deer standing in the middle of the trail. It looked at me then did a vertical leap to the top of a bank maybe 15 feet high. WTF!!!

On my video last week I had to walk down the mountain with a bad tire. I get the willies thinking maybe a lion would jump me from behind while walking through brush sections. At one point I see something out the corner of my eye fly down a bank. So fast I couldn't make it out.

So I'm thinking lion. I place my bike on that side in case he does come at me, I have no choice but to walk down and I'm not stopping like a sitting duck. So I'm looking to the left but take a quick glance to my right. Another huge buck standing as still as can be looking right at me. He was up on the mountain side about 30 yards away but worried that he might charge me made me forget all about my left side. It's amazing how fast one can walk with a thrashed mountain bike if one has to!

Ol Rudolph can be pretty freaking scary!