Sayre Kulp 
Bulky Bullet

Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mithrandir
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/120544044Another trick I use on these long trips is to tell myself how long I've got left using multiples and fractions. For example, when you go 20 miles, I say to myself, "ok, now just do that 4 more times". At 33 I say "do that 2 more times". At 50 I say "do that again". Then once you get past 50 you can switch to fractions; at 66 I say "ok now just do half of what you just did". 75 is "do 1/3 of that", 80 is "do 1/4th of that", 88 is "do 1/7th of that", 90 is "do 1/9th of that", and by the time you get to a point where there's 5 miles left, you no longer need to tell yourself anything, you're home free. And such was this trip; as soon as I was under 10 miles left it was just a matter of time before I made the goal.
LOL - I totally do that too. I always feel like such a math nerd when I do it, but it does make the ride seem to go by faster. or at least it distracts my mind with calculations rather than focusing on cramps or saddle sores. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Congrats on your second century. See if you don't get addicted to long distance cycling now like I have.