Old 10-11-11, 03:23 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Quick question about an "event ride" I may participate in.

I am thinking of doing a ride down in Pine Mountain here in a couple of weeks. They have a 34 mile option that I am considering doing, think it would be a lot of fun aside from one thing. According to the route map they put on iMMR there is a 2 mile long cat5 climb right at the start of the ride between miles 3-5.
The area that I ride in has no hills that even rate on a category, but the whole area is rolling hills. I am not a strong climber, and I am likely not going to be able to make this hill. I have ridden it on my motorcycle, and I know it is beyond my current ability.
I contacted the ride coordinator and asked about the climb and they said "not to let it deter me" it's at the end of the longer routes. According to the map, there are three climbs in that category, one more for each further distance, and according to the route map the first is the longest of them all.

The ride is SAG supported. Is it acceptable to ask a SAG vehicle to take me to the top and then get back out and ride?