View Single Post
Old 10-13-11, 06:54 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Location: Ascending or Descending the NH Mountains NW of Concord!

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & a Lonely '83 Santana Tandem (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jonwvara View Post
Very nice! I think it looks good. As I said before, I think it's easy to go overboard worrying about appearance. The fact is that even if a ring is a work of art on its own, it's going to look different--and largely be hidden--once it's mounted behind the outer chainring and the crank spider. As long as it works, it doesn't matter all that much to me what the ring looks like...
JV
Jon,

Let me offer two pictures of my two 144BCD triplizers. The first is made by Williams and it came with its granny ring, which is 31 teeth. I have never checked the BCD on this granny ring. I'm not certain when Williams stopped manufacturing this triplizer.

Not very elegant with it's triangular tabs blocking the area between the spider arms. But it gets the job done mounted to the traditional Campy crank.

The second one is the modern (still being manufactured?) tripilizer made by TA and did not come with a granny (74BCD). Because of this I ended up using all new TA rings in order that they all matched.

As you can see, TA did a nice job hiding the tabs to mount the granny behind the crank spiders.

Andy, I'm interested as well in a Stronglight triplizer. Plan on me being on the pre-order list. I'm pleased you offering this!

Visit my websites:
FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com