Old 10-15-11, 07:23 AM
shawmutt

Bikes: 2010 Jamis Aurora, 2005 Trek 7500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Looigi
WTF? Cycling and home-brewing are about as distantly related as you can get. And as far a cyclists being self-reliant, just look in these forums. I'm continually amazed how ignorant, incapable, and helpless so many are when it comes to the most basic aspects of bike maintenance and repair, not to mention being able to dress and feed themselves.
I tried homebrewing once. While trying (and failing) to adjust my rear derailleur my hand slipped, knocking the container of fermenting yeast on the floor and on my pants. I tried to change my pants in the foyer, but my feet were yeast covered and I slipped and fell on my face, breaking my jaw. I used my hands to try and break my fall and broke them too. Now my wife has to dress me and feed me through a straw and I sent the bike out to be repaired at the lbs since I failed at doing it, and it took me an hour to type this post. So you can feel superior all you want, but some of us have real problems!

The real answer is I tried home brewing once, the spigot of the container leaked, spilling sugary yeasty mess all over the closet that I stored it in, and was forbidden to try it again by my wife. Easier and I get yelled at less if I just buy it.