View Single Post
Old 07-07-05, 02:46 AM
mcgron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bill for assault considered as terrorism

I first would like to share a few things as a motorist, a cyclist, and a pedestrian. As a motorist I once had a car full of thugs stop in front of me for no apparent reason, then all four jumped out and proceeded to kick and punch my vehicle. My wife and four young children were in the car including a baby in a car seat. There were at least 40 to 60 people who had witnessed the damage but other than myself....NO ONE reported it. I have also had several incidents with road rage particularly truckers who get within inches of my bumper, pass me, and before they get all the way around, intentionally cut in to run me off the road.......call the police? Nobody hurt, no damage done, who cares? As a cyclist and pedestrian here are a few things that have been thrown from moving vehicles: cans, bottles, full and empty, flaming roll of toilet paper, brake drum, food, urine. Just last summer I had a car full of teenagers laughing head on within inches of me at well over 100 mph. An elderly woman pulled up beside me in Richmond In. while finishing the RAIN ride one year, she allowed her large dog to bark within inches of my face for about 20 seconds, then rolled up the window enough to back the dog off and proceeded to tell me she hopes I rott in hell. I have had bikers kick at me doing 60 to 70 mph (I dont think they realize that if they were to hit me, they probably either wouldn't have a leg nor remain on the bike). The Race Across America just finshed up this year, one of the competitors, had a truck with four persons in it throw gasoline on him. He was afraid they might come back and light him up. ENOUGH OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!! The dictionary defines Terrorism as the following : The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. We need to introduce a Bill that would include individuals mistreated with intent to harm or damage, in fact, lets make all types of assault to be considered as acts of terrorism. Then and only then would a lot of these acts stop. Let someone consider the fact that they may be prosecuted as a terrorist when they harm a fellow American and this would change a lot of folks minds about doing these things. Not only this, but it would also encourage people who witness acts of assault/terrorism to report it to the authorities as helpful even patriotic perhaps instead of turning a blind eye to crime.