Old 07-07-05, 12:39 PM
jamesdenver
jim anchower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i don't see anything horribly negative to cyclists on this exchange. (except for being older and it being dangerous)

it wasn't out of the blue, they were talking about the president's nominee decisions and topic led to his accident:
--------------------------------------------------

dan: by the way the president collided with a local police officer and fell during a bike ride at the gleneagle golf resort while attending a meeting of world leaders. bush suffered mild to moderate scrapes on his hands and arms that required bandages uh bush was wearing a helmet at the time. police officer unfortunately had a very minor ankle injury. it was raining lightly at the time.

craig: wow - yeah i saw him get off the helicoptor at the golf course and i think the point is you shouldn't be riding a bike on a golf course

dan: well if you're the president of the US and they shut down a course then it's ok

craig: well yeah and im not sure he was riding on the course but thats unfortunate and the older i get the more i realize how dangerous bicycles are

dan: yeah and im so glad to see the kids and helmets i mean when we were growing if you saw a kid and a helmet you figured he was a survivor of some horrible ordeal but now any kid without a helmet out of their minds. were going to break early for a press conference. do you wear a helmet when you bike?

craig: well i do just to set a good example for my kids but i never did growing up and i never had a helmet til a had kids

dan: same thing i mean i put the thing on and i don't want to and it looks goofy but i know it's smart but the last thing i want is for my kids to see mean without one so and who cares what people think?