Old 10-22-11, 08:43 PM
lazerzxr

Bikes: Colnago C59 Italia Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your help all. Some comments on above:
I want to go power tap because I have a mix of standard BB and BB30 on my bikes and I want the option of using power on all without creaking adaptors on the BB30.
Good point about deeper rims, I'll see what is available locally.
I think 28 holes sopunds like a good option without being over conservative or too weenie.
The comment about bearings and the idea of sending things back does worry me. I like to know my bike is clean, well set up, fully functioning and ready to go at all times so reliability is important. Ive been temted with crank based power but like i say BB30 on my number 2 is putting me off.
Pedal based power will be impressive is they get it working but I see many accuracy issues. The other thing is i run speedplay for their lesser stack height - helps reduce my bar drop. Garmin pedals look they have more stack and I cant imagine the zone comes with the same stack as regular speedplay so i dont think pedals are the way for me to go,

Anyone got any info on the new G3 in terms of what has been changed? They look much lighter (dont really care) but they also say "user servicable electronics" Could mean that the guts can be removed and sent back without needing to rebuild the wheel? That would be a big plus in my book