View Single Post
Old 10-24-11, 08:42 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Olmo4Sale View Post
I tried using outside image hosting sites but then the photos show up too large in the post. Will try and get up more photos if there's interest.
On selling, the two typical choices are ebay or Craigs List. Either requires high quality hosted pictures, the bike needs to be spotlessly clean, and a great ad. Short cuts in bike and ad prep = will sell at a discount. Ebay requires shipping the bike, so many buyers are cautious unless you have a great track record as a seller. C/L is limited to local buyers, so depending where you live, the better bikes don't bring full market (lower end bikes do fine on C/L, as buyers are not factoring in the cost of shipping).

FWIW: I always compress my pictures first before uploading them to a hosting site. Typically, one of my pics as is will be between 1 and 2MB. I compress them to document size, brings them down to 200 to 300kb. Not sure if it really helps or not, it certainly saves me space on my free flickr account (go over the limit, and you have to pay for the site). I cannot tell the difference in the quality of the details. Its a lot more about how good of a picture I take to begin with.

Typical compressed pic:

Last edited by wrk101; 10-24-11 at 08:55 PM.