View Single Post
Old 11-01-11, 03:38 PM
WestTx28

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not a cyclist, yet. I joined this forum a few days ago to get some input and advice on equipment and how best to start. I am however a lifelong runner and have a true passion for the sport. There are many different philosophies on running form and technique but the most important thing is at any distance over a mile or so you really run with your core muscles. Your legs obviously keep you upright and propel you along but your hips, abs, glutes and back muscles is what makes you a runner. Again I don't know crap about cycling but I would think being a good quality runner would do nothing but help your cycling. Also running takes a lot of mental focus to maintain form and push back the pain and desire to stop. I would think that part would translate very well. Jooshy is right about going out too fast and hard. You guys are already very fit and could probably go out and do five or ten miles right out of the shoot. You have to ease into it to keep the injuries down.

Sorry to chime in with absolutely no cycling knowledge or experience but I really enjoy this forum and I do know a lot about running.