Doomride
Live long and prosper.

Bikes: '06 SE Draft

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMoose
Is it the kind of question that is not meant to be asked? ( I dont know much about the subject)
It's something that's been discussed to death. Sorry if that came across as rude, there is a search feature on this forum in the top right corner. It's a good idea to use this, or google, to help with a lot of questions like this that arise. If you still come up empty handed then it's time to get some BF input.

But anywho, I personally like Freedom's Thickslick serries. I've been riding on the deluxe 700x25's for about a month and really like the cushion and have not had a flat since putting them on. They aren't light though. I just ordered a slightly heavier (larger) elite set, that I think I'll like in combo with a lighter wheel set. They are a slick style tire, and I've heard under wet conditions they are a little ''slick''. I also have a set of Vittoria rubino pro's that I like, but they are rather thin and have had a lot of trouble with goat heads popping tubes since winter has hit and the weeds have shed them. I've heard that the randonneur's offered by Vittoria are a great set of tires. A lot of people opt out for the Continental Gatorskins too. You'll find a small group (4-6), different tires that people prefer for road riding here. I've got a couple sets of bigger x32-x35 Micheline city's that have fairly deep grooves and have held up well, this might be a good option for poor weather.

Last edited by Doomride; 11-04-11 at 08:57 PM.