View Single Post
Old 11-06-11, 11:30 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
One Christmas season I sold Internet connections from a cart in a mall. It would have been good, but their registration procedure took so long that it killed 2/3 of our sales. It was great salesmanship experience because they required us to go out about 50 yards from the cart and strike up conversations with potential clients who were walking in the general direction of the cart. We were selling dialup, but the cart had a T-1 line. It was also very difficult to get the service turned off.

But the company was having problems. And our Manager told us of how once she had been busted driving a dead man's car the day he was murdered.

Then the Palm Springs PD put out an APB on her; supposedly she had been playing some NTN games in a bar and took this fellow home to collect her winnings. The fellow said that she stole his money and pushed him out of the car.

After that, she had no control over the sales force because if she tried to push, she knew we'd rat her out to the PSPD. Sales predictably dropped. My last night was Christmas Eve. I don't know what happened after.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 11-07-11 at 12:21 AM.