View Single Post
Old 11-10-11, 10:22 AM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still riding :-) - Final chemo

Yesterday was the 6th and last chemo treatment Today I stop by the doctor’s office to get the injection to rebuild the white blood count. It feels great to know that this is the last time I will be experiencing some of those annoying side effects. My doctor says there should be less side effects from the radiation treatments. Hopefully all I'll experience is the fatigue and minor skin Irritations.

I'm looking forward to food tasting like food, less insomnia, no water retention, losing the 8 pounds I’ve gained due to the steroids and growing back some hair. I'm still hoping for straight blond hair this time. I would even settle for some of the red hair prevalent in my family.

My first appointment with the radiation department is early December for a CT scan and treatment schedule. I'm hoping to be done with these treatments by the end of January. This would give me a few months to regain my strength and stamina. I'm hoping to be able to ride the GOBA (Great Ohio Bike Adventure) in June.

I managed to get about 30 miles on the bike since the previous treatment. I still want to hit 1,000 miles for this year. I need around 40 miles. If the weather stays nice for a few more days I should meet my goal !

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith