Old 11-11-11, 03:04 PM
CaptCarrot

Bikes: Heavily modded Cannondale Hooligan 1 (2009) and an upgraded Raleigh Max Zero-G

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightshade
One can not depend on ANY bike lock to protect their bike.

It's far better to have a simple lock to discourage the opportunist thief and bike insurance for all the rest.
Point taken, but I also believe in the psychology that a bigger/better lock is a bigger/better deterrent. I am fully aware that no lock is totally secure, but the longer it takes to break means the more chance you will still have your bike because the scumbag gets disturbed.

Originally Posted by pg13
and what do those that dont have home insuranca that can cover bike theft? pretty sure regular renters insurance(apartments) doesnt cover stolen bikes, esp if theyre not stolen from the actual apartment.
edit: oh and thats only if they have renters insurance and even then its only a may pay. of course youd need a specific replacement policy otherwise you get a depreciation on it and you know theyll low ball it. and they may want a certain level of protection if they will cover it.
I don't know the full specs, but I do have some form of cycle cover on my contents insurance. I don't know if there is a difference between "owners" and "renters", but I do know the difference between "buildings" and "contents". Buildings is for home owners, and covers the cost of rebuilding the home and other such bricks and mortar stuff. Whereas contents covers the contents and is available, as far as I am aware, to anybody whether owner or renter. This is where my cycle insurance is, and this is where some people claim for lost property from holidays.