View Single Post
Old 11-13-11, 06:43 PM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Test Ride to Work........

Today was the day. I was nervous.... about so much. I was nervous that I was riding in a not so nice area and was nervous that I would know how to get back. I was a nervous wreck.

So I drove to my work in Camden and was ready at 11 am in front to meet Stan from my LBS. He is a mechanic and a great guy. We met up and started off. The ride was a little fast but I kept up. He is an expert at riding with traffic and is fast. For example, he would draft of vehicals going down hill. His bike handling abilities are amazing. But he has been doing this all his life and never owned a car so it makes since.

The route: I cant believe it..... it is so safe. We are not in Camden that long and in a safe area of it. We ride a little in Camden, hop on a bike path by the water, get off, ride down Park Av along with Cooper River and then hop on another bike path and then hit some back streets. To the bike shop was 10.75 miles. I was tired when I got to the bike shop... head wind and the speed was tough and the nervousness set in that I would have to find my own way back but luckily, Stan wrote down the directions back.

Off I went.... found my way back too! It was a great ride to and from and I will be doing more of that soon.

Got back to the truck, loaded stuff up and headed to the hoagie shop to buy Stan lunch and bring it to him at the bike hsop. I must say.... exceptional customer service. I mean what other mechanix would meet you somewhere, plan a route, show you the route on the bike and support you. Wow.