View Single Post
Old 11-13-11, 10:39 PM
Moozh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Again, I'm 6'3" 34" inseam..fits "perfectly". Size XL.

Another thing to consider if you go with the Large is the Horzontal top tube length, I know I woudnt want it any snugger. I'm rather fussy with the fit of all my bikes and initially was disheartened when the BB came with the stem-bar combo but in practice it has proven right on the mark. I personally have no want to adjust anything.

You are right somewhat about the component set on Cannondales and the Bad Boy more specifically, but in practice for me, quite honestly everything works as it is intended to do. I was jonesing to upgrade the crank (perhaps SLX at the least XT prefered), it's been a while since I've had a sqared tapered crank on any of my "serious" bikes but decided to just live with it for a spell and honestly it just works. The only bug for me are the stock brakes, they are the entry level shimano hydros and for my tastes have way too much travel in the lever before biting, but they do perform great, just too much travel. I suppose they need bleeding (they use mineral oil) but the kit is rather stupidly over priced IMO and I have procrastinated.

Obvious changes for me are to dump the Octopus pedals, replaced by Xpedo Curves and I've installed my fav' saddle, the WTB Silverado. That stock Fizik is cool lookin' but narrow and hard enough to make me think about it too much. I've also put chunkier grips on (ODI lockons).

As for the drivetrain, I've been waiting for it to just give me a reason...and it hasnt. Considering the role and market placement for the Bad Boy having MTB bling on it might be a tad over the top, although a good looking bike it is meant to be city-stealth and the stock components strike me as task focused workhorses.

If you dont have to chain the bike up outside within eyeshot of bike thieves then it'll look sweet with some SLX's..XT is perhaps above it's social station..lol.

I love the bike tho, it's just perfect for the role I use it for...perfect. I'm also in as aggressive a stance as I want, that fine balance to still allow me to ride for as many hours as I care to but still be able to get hunched and in attack stance.

Try it stock is my advice and mod as you feel you must. Live with the components to know the reason why and what to replace.

Last edited by Moozh; 11-13-11 at 10:45 PM.