View Single Post
Old 11-15-11, 11:57 AM
Focuspokus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rapnjoe
focuspokus-for the record I'm far from obese,and uphill101 stated he has no problem with weight.My diagnosis was about 20yrs ago and there was not 1 fda approved medicine for fms -the 3 med I know of are all pretty recent.
fms is only controversial,if you don't have it. I have to chuckle on how advanced we are!We as a country can't even balance a check book!
Back to fm my rheumatoid factor has always been pos.but sed rate is always normal.There is probably some underlying things that exasperate the symptons. Current methods of testing I'm pretty healthy, but trust me as jacked up as I can get-there something very real going on.
Nobody is denying you the pain you feel, but FM is the easy diagnosis that physicians give when they cannot find anything else. As toddbiker stated above, there are many other diagnoses that mimic FM and vice versa. At my facility, most of the FM patients are obese middle aged women who are addicted to pain killers which is consistent with the patient profile across the country diagnosed with FM.

Makes me wonder if many of the ailments that we have here in the USA are legitimate. I doubt people in Darfur suffer from Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Every other kid in this country has Autism or ADHD. Sign of the medical times. I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree but are afraid to speak up.

You cannot even be shy without the drug companies pushing Paxil on you for "social anxiety disorder".