Old 11-15-11, 09:59 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tergal View Post
Hi,

Just shot a email off to my local bike store that sell trek see what they say

would be good to get it from them , rather than order online that way i can bombard (read harass till they get a court order) them with questions .
Hey, Tergal! Welcome, Cobber! Nice to see a denizen of Oz hang 'round these parts!

Best adice I hahve is to
A) Make sure the bike fits. At your height, you'll be wanting an XXL frame, like 68 CM if you are looking at a road bike. Mountain or compact geometry will be a different standard, but still XXL. I'm 6'2 (1.9 Meters) and ride a compact geometry 58 CM frame because I have a long torso and short legs (77 CM).

B) Good 36 spoke hand built wheels, or maybe 32 spoke if a mountain bike, at your weight (130 KG=286 lbs), 36 spoke, definitely, if you are going to be doing any hard terrain. If you get a road bike, again, I'd suggest you look at Velocity Deep V wheels in 36 spoke configuration. They'll pretty much stand up to anything you'd care to put them through, mate.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant