Old 11-16-11, 11:36 PM
Telly
What, me worry?

Bikes: Corratec / Jamis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What shocks me is that as human beings, we've got a built-in "law of preservation" which coupled with common sense (I know this is a whole new topic!), helps us protect ourselves from danger. Yet everyday I see people riding bikes (and motorcycles/mopeds - another growing movement) without a hint of hesitation under the worst possible conditions... with total lack of the knowledge of the outcome of their actions. Mind you, I've done some crazy things in my life, and have come close to the edge on a number of occasions, but cyclist here are riding as one would bungee jump off a bridge, and instead of having the rope tied to their feet, they have a noose around their neck... it's not a matter of IF they'll be in a serious accident, but WHEN, and I have to admit that some of the close calls I've seen, their damn lucky too!

If I can, I'll attach a camera for all my commutes next week, and upload the raw footage... maybe it could be used for educating cyclists.

BTW Chris, I'm an ex-pat because my family moved here when I was young; although you shouldn't confuse this post as a negative comment towards this country. There are ALOT of problems here with deep roots and quite a few things being heard around Europe and the world about Greece are true, but under the right conditions this country has the potential to rise above the problems, and if the people are given the right incentives, to change their ways and become very productive.

Last edited by Telly; 11-16-11 at 11:46 PM.