Old 11-19-11, 02:29 PM
Trex55

Bikes: mundo cargo bike, huffy beach bike, hybird schwinn, looking at e-bike kits

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool I'm also looking....

Originally Posted by PlusVeggie27
I'm looking for an electric bike that will be able to support 280 lbs. One bike that I have looked at recommended no more than 240. My other main question is can I ride an electric bike like a regular bike? I was reading someones review on youtube, and the have the ezip trailz and weighs 240, and says they would have to get off and push it to go up the hill. I messaged them, and I am still waiting for the answer. Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Shasta Lake...

I'm also a large person, 227 Lbs. but a year ago I weighed 260 Lbs. Anyway, I have bend doing some research on Ebikes and Kits, for over one year... I think a person our size would need to use a 1000w "hub" motor, or an Ebike that has the motor mounted at the crank, so one can use the bike's gears when going up hills...or maybe a "geared hub" motor?

I own a Cargo bike, (Yuba Mundo), that weighs in at 55 lbs. I love that bike, but it is a pain to load in the back of my PU truck. And if I add an E-motor kit, it will weigh up to 100+ Lbs. But, on the other side, I could use it to go the store, (7 miles away), it has a load capacity of 400 Lbs. So I could even use it to pick items at our Home Depot. Plus it can carry two young kids, or one adult passinger, (look on youtube under "Cargo E-Bikes"). New Yuba's cost $1,000, and than add a motor, a new Yuba would cost over $2,000 w/crank or hub motor!!!

Another Ebike I have been looking at....and still trying to get more information on is the R-10, 11, 12 Rmartin Ebike's. The motor is located on the crank set... no other bike out there, has the same type of motor/crank setup. There are other "crank" type Ebike motors out there...but they cost between $3,000 to $10,000!!!!! The Rmartin's cost between $1,100 to $1,400 PLUS TAX.

Here's a pic of the Rmartin R-10 2012 model......

R10_Black_2011_800x533[1].jpg

I like the bike, but I would love to talk to someone who owns one... and get there opinon, issues, likes, or dislikes, etc. Same with the Yuba "El" mundo cargo Ebike!