View Single Post
Old 07-11-05, 04:58 PM
DeerPark

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Simple questions

Hi everybody. I've been reading these forums for a little bit but this is my first post. I'm 13 years old in ohio and am trying to get into bikes as more than transportation. Just a couple days ago, I purchased a Raleigh Passage 4.0, the 06 model of their C40. Its so new it isnt on raleigh's website yet. Other than riding it home from my LBS (Century Cycles), I've only ridden it around the block. It is my first "real" bike and I really enjoy riding it. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to get in to cycling with my dad. One question I have is about the bike. When i ride up and down curbs, there is a sort of clicking sound. I'm pretty sure it is the rear derailleur bouncing a bit. Is this bad for the bike? Could it break? I'm not really jumping off cliffs with it just curbs and the like. Also, what are some simple things i could do to maintain the bike? I would like to mention that I have heard many things about front suspension being heavier than its worth. At the moment, I am not willing to purchase a rigid fork because of my budget, the fact that it is noticeably more comfortable IMO, and because weight isnt a critical factor in my cycling experience right now. My final question for now is about helmets. I am in need of a new one and would like your opinion. What is a decent helmet that is fairly cheap? Thanks.