Bike Forums - View Single Post - Where to start with restoration? Is it worth it?
Old 11-24-11, 03:26 PM
Oldpeddaller

Bikes: 1970 Holdsworth Mistral, Vitus 979, Colnago Primavera, Corratec Hydracarbon, Massi MegaTeam, 1935 Claud Butler Super Velo, Carrera Virtuoso, Viner, 1953 Claud Butler Silver Jubilee, 1954 Holdsworth Typhoon, 1966 Claud Butler Olympic Road, 1982 Claud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Laurence_13;13529716]Thanks for the advice, should be some good reading!

I seem to have been misunderstood... This is not my performing stunts or jumping off kerbs bike, I have a high spec xc bike for that, I was merely moving off the pavement to give a pedestrian the whole pavement, gently dropped down... and snap... "B*****KS". thanks for the advice, sadly the pedal bearings are past repair, so I will need some new ones of them! (many are missing) may just keep an eye out for some similar ones. To be honest, I want to keep it as is, but was interested to see what everyone else thought! Some nice tips in there though, thankyou.

Oh, I see - sorry, you're right, I didn't understand the full picture. What a blow, but lucky you weren't hurt. I'd guess the handlebar was already weakened, maybe years earlier so it's best to buy a new one rather than a used replacement to prevent history repeating itself.