View Single Post
Old 11-26-11, 02:21 PM
brianogilvie 
Commuter & cyclotourist

Bikes: Boulder All Road, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Bike Friday New World Tourist, Breezer Uptown 8, Bike Friday Express Tikit, Trek MultiTrack 730 (Problem? No, I don't have a problem)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neat idea! I did some riding around Tonawanda last fall when my stepfather was in ECMC for 2 months; it's a nice area.

This year I rode in western Massachusetts, the Netherlands, Oxfordshire (England), and lately in Ile-de-France, in and around Paris. The Netherlands trip (late June/early July) was the only bit that involved travel just to ride (journal at CrazyGuyOnABike.com). The rest was cycling around where I happened to be living at the time. I should actually say "is," not "was," since I'm still cycling in France.

I should do a map of the year's riding. If you plot out your rides in GPX format (either with a GPS or with a website that will produce GPX files), you can load them into Google Earth and produce a composite map. I did that for the cycling I did in the Paris-Ile de France region in summer 2009, and it was kind of neat:

What's particularly nice about doing this with Google Earth is that the brighter the line is, the more frequently you rode that stretch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Paris-IDF cycling 2009.jpg (103.3 KB, 3 views)