Old 12-05-11, 09:32 AM
Diode100

Bikes: 2011 Jetstream P11 Alfine; 3sp Presto-Lite; Occasional Access to 6sp Brompton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bored117
Match this with Outlier pants... maybe... I dunno. I do have Outlier pants but probably never will get this one... Now, the Outlier pants... the bomb. Typically I am on Cutter knicker or something unless I need to be more presentable off bike and don't feel like driving up to somewhere (which is most of time).
I would think just wearing packable bike shell on top of merino dressy shirt (Ibex OD L/S Shirt, Icebreaker Mens LS Outback) would do trick unless you really need full coat. (and that coat looks too dorky for boardroom meeting, etc)
I'm not understanding much of this post, sorry, but if you live in California why would you need a jacket anyway when you ride a bike, doesn't the sun always shine there ? It's different here is UK, often cold, often damp, more often wet, a good riding jacket is an asset. I have an italian one, it's got a reflective collar just like the Brompton jacket, not as exotic material but still quite superb at what it does, only cost me 140 euros, bit of a bargain I reckon, with hindsight.