View Single Post
Old 12-05-11, 10:14 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by BigUgly
Thanks everyone. Soda is the devil!!(Sorry, I was watching the Waterboy over the weekend)....I have been off soda for the past 2 days and started logging my food intake again. Feeling a little more motivated. I was obsessed with not drinking soda and working out the beginning of this year and trying to get there again. I have the bike with me at work and will be heading out for a lunch time ride(17 miles) today.

I have commuted to work in the past when I have more daylight. It's a 32 mile round trip with lots of hills. I have three kids all involved in after school activities so I usually don't have the time to ride home after work since I have to be somewhere picking one of them up at a certain time. I usually use my lunch times to work out, a run, a ride, lifting weights(the company has a make shift fitness room with a tread mill and some free wieghts and the YMCA is 2 blocks away).

I think it helps if I am working towards something, like an event, last year it was the Warrior's Dash and the Livestrong ride. This year(2012) I should just register for the Sprint-Tri I have been wanting to do. I truely think it was the soda consumption dragging me down. The beginning of this year I probably went 5 months without even touching a soda. Soda IS the devil!!!
I think choosing a goal and working towards it is the best motivator. I know my motivation has improved since I've begun planning post-surgery hikes and rides.