Old 12-07-11, 02:55 PM
Digitalfiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To the OP, it's definitely not normal.

The problem with numbness is that most of the time, at least when it has happened to me, you just don't notice it until you stand and perhaps go to adjust your shorts or something. It's such a strange sensation to be poking at your shorts and not feeling anything. Thankfully, it's never lasted more than a couple minutes after relieving the pressure but I did have one instance where I felt noticeably numb for a day or two. Now that freaked me out!

On longer rides, I make it a habit to stand more and check the package for mishandling. Personally, I think my saddle is slightly on the narrow side (Bontrager Affinity RXL) because I have to consciously focus on getting my sit bones in the correct position. On shorter rides it isn't so much an issue. Thankfully, 90% of the time I seem to get it right and have zero numbness, even on reasonably long (80-100km) rides.

Not to get too descriptive but has anyone else ever noticed better erections after riding? I know that I and, by extension (pun intended) my wife, have noticed.