Old 07-13-05, 07:20 AM
CRUM
Recovering Retro-grouch

Bikes: Too Many - 7 or 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another thread in here asks if Bikes should be required to be licensed and riders licensed. While I do not think this will ever happen, I do notice that user fees at many of the state parks in my area are popping up. Many of the trails I once rode for free now cost money. Personally, if a small user fee insures my access to trail networks for the long term, I am all for them. But many of my riding friends go out of their way to avoid the daily toll. They will park outside the park and simply ride an extra mile or so to ride for free. I think they suck. This issue has caused some hard feelings between us. What do you think?

I hear all the arguments. "I pay taxes, I shouldn't have to pay them again". Or, "Screw em, I don't pay to ride." As someone who is an advocate of "pay as you go" in other aspects of my life, I am more than happy to dish out $3 for a day on great trails. I also notice that most of the people who take pride in not paying are also the ones who are conveniently elsewhere when trail work is on the agenda.

My Blog - Lost in the Bo Zone