Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old 07-13-05, 08:11 PM
phinney

Bikes: Schwinn Rocket 88, Schwinn Fastback, Cannondale Road Tandem, GT Timberline rigid steel mtb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I don't have a PhD and know nothing about amino acids but have been told by three different doctors over the course of my life that I have the best heart and blood they've ever tested. One doctor told me I'd never have a heart attack. I eat whatever I want, love ice cream, pizza, Philly stake subs, roast, steak, bacon, and eggs. Munching on a big bowl of buttered (the real stuff) popcorn right now and might have a couple more before calling it a day. Oh yeah, candy bars and Diet Coke too.

I'm very healthy, can ride my bike all day, have no allergies, not overweight, and most people think I'm ten years younger than I am. My parents (80's) are all still alive and healthy as horses. Going back further the guys often live to their mid 90's and the gals sometimes even longer.

So, my point is that genetics play an enormous role in what we can eat and how we respond to diet. For me, I don't like veggies very much so if I had to live on them life would suck. For Comatose it may make a huge difference in his health and energy levels. The advice to seek out a knowledgeable doctor is very good. I'd add that after doing your research and starting the diet listen very carefully to what your body is telling you. If you don't feel so good then maybe the eggs and veggies aren't right for you.