Old 07-14-05, 12:44 AM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LowCel
The reason employee's get such a great price is because they buy directly from the company not the shop. The company generally gives shop employees a really nice price because if the shop employees are riding their bikes then most likely they will try to steer customers to the same manufacturer.

As far as haggling there is no harm in trying, but do it in small amounts. Don't think that a shop can drop the price by hundreds of dollars on a bike. On an 1800 bike I wouldn't expect to save much over $50 - $100.
Exactly. After the shop pays the utilities, mortgage, credit card fees, and my salary there isn't a whole lot of "profit" on a bicycle. Where we actually get money is on accessories and repairs, so we'll consider throwing a sizable discount on accessories long before we'll drop the price on a bike. On a special order bike you pay the price we quote you or we don't order it. Usually if it's one we don't have in stock it's because we don't expect selling it and would rather concentrate on getting models that will sell.