Old 12-16-11, 10:03 PM
Ed in Toronto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by clubman
Really nice but I wonder who F.lli Gardin was...that's an unusual set of decals on your frame. Do you know any more about the bike...maybe it's custom?
There is a bit more I know about the bike, because I'm the original owner and I still have the paperwork.
The info that was handing off the handle bars reads;
Make: Gardin
Model: "Special"
Application: Racing
Frame Size: DB - 59cm
Wheel Size: 700c - Tubeless
Speeds: 12
Weight: 20-1/2 LBS
Color: Champagne
Price: $1,199.90

On the bill of Sale;
Gardin Special Custom Build Frame
Champagne Color
Racing Components (Rino-Crono) + extras
price $974.90
-trade in / Peugeot Course $390 (this was a made in France bike, sweet ride, but too big for me so I had to part with it)
price $584.90 plus tax
Total $625.84

A week later I took it in for some upgrades;
Campy SR derailleurs + levers $130
Campy NR Hubs/Wheels $100 (I asked for Super Record hubs, but the owner talked me out of it, saying that the shaft was made out of titanium and was prone to break easily, better to get Record instead, more durable)
Campy Victory Pedals with toe clips $85 (I choice them because I liked the way they looked)
Total including tax $337.05

I bought it at High Park Cycle & Sports, at this location and time, the shop was huge, and there was an ocean of bikes in there, all road bikes. This bike was custom made for someone but for some reason didn't get to that person. It had been in the shop for a long time before I bought it. I chose it because it looked unique and handmade.