AsanaCycles
Bicycle Lifestyle

Bikes: Neil Pryde Diablo, VeloVie Vitesse400, Hunter29er, Surly Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blues Frog
Thanks for the video DG. I have drooled over the equipment on tha Kifaru website.
I love their stuff.

Originally Posted by djb
neat videos to see it all in action. Certainly a great setup for all kinds of inclement weather and a great living space. Not for everyone, but neat to see how it works and functions.

the more spartan of the spectrum is the paratarp which I seem to use the most, without a stove, not even carrying poles, but maybe 1 to 4 msr groundhog tent stakes. typically i use 1 stake to punch holes into the ground then insert twigs. for poles, I simply break a piece of deadfall to size.

I'm thinking the ParaTarp comes in at about 11oz

while the 4 man tipi, complete with stove, comes in around 10lbs. thats about 10'x14' oval, big enough to host people, lay all your equipment inside, including Surly Big Dummy, dry clothing over head on the clothes line, cook, etc...

it really depends on what one is looking for.
Heck... I also have an 8 man tipi which I lived out of for about 1.5yrs. pulled all my stuff in a BOB trailer. Awesome shelter! No doubt, that kind of shelter is truly living room.

while, the Paratarp is simply something to hunker down in, crash out for a few hours, get up and roll.

Last edited by AsanaCycles; 12-17-11 at 07:41 AM.