Old 12-18-11, 07:31 AM
BenH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help me identify my mystery impulse present buy...

Hi,

I hope you don't mind a long-term lurker coming out of the woodwork expecting people to put in effort for him, but I've got a mini-mystery that I'm not making any headway on myself. On a bit of an impulse I've bought a bike for my girlfriend who had her old bike stolen (a brush-painted gold hardtail BSO with fairy lights on it; no idea why they would want to steal that ). It's advertised as a 'Ladies Daytona Racing Bike' which hasn't helped much because all searches for Daytona bikes are swamped by motorbikes... (by the way, the frame sticker is partially removed, but it definitely says 'Daytona', not 'Dayton'. It's too young to be a Dayton anyway).

The headtube sticker will presumably give clues to those who are familiar with these sorts of bikes - it has 'USA' in red block serif font, vertical, on a red background, with a white lozenge underlaid with six blue stars on it.

It's a fairly normal ladies' frame, nondescript lugs, 5x1 gears, drop bars with cross levers, silver paint.

Here are some pictures on the ebay listing - I'll upload better ones as soon as I get my hands on it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ladies-Vin...item4ab20b88f8 (scroll down for pics)

I appreciate it's nothing special and there probably won't be much detail to be gleaned from it, but any details re. maker, date, anything really would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ben