Old 07-14-05, 07:51 AM
freddiesan

Bikes: Bridgestone track bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angel
I strongly dislike clipless pedels and toe clips. I feel I can go just as fast as anyone without those. I have been told that the reason you NEED them on the track is to keep balance and to keep your feet from slipping. I don't have issues with my feet slipping.
I like your attitude; Do what you feel like and don't bother what everyone else says. But there's alot of wisdom out there and I disagree with you on the point that you can go as fast as anyone without clipless pedals.
When it comes to sprinting for example being able to use up force as well as down force on your pedals makes you go alot faster. Try pulling up the pedal on the up stroke while accelerating and you'll know what I mean.
I have never even been close to a velodrome(not a big sport in Sweden) but I wish I had the opportunity you've had. Keep up the good work and do your thing but listen and respect the experienced track riders(yes I know what I'm saying is contradictory), maybe you'll learn something useful which in the long run will make track racing more fun.