Old 12-19-11, 05:12 PM
TheStott
Cross-Chainer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies...here's the long and short of it:
I'm currently Cat4, and going to make a push to race enough (and do well enough) this year to go to Cat3. Although some will probably remark about how a Cat4 will never tell the difference between bikes, I'll say that while that may be true, I'd like to know that my money is going to get me the best that it can. Also, it's nice to have something decent to ride while I'm pedaling 5,000+mi/year.
I've been racing for the past 3 seasons on a Kestrel Talon that I had. Last year, I concentrated on crits (placing in the top 25% usually) and with the powertap wheel, it comes in at 20+ pounds . It's somewhat hilly where I live, and I'd like to do some longer road racing after this season.
I am currently enjoying a nice blend of being able to financially afford to upgrade my equipment, and getting some great team deals. (I've already purchased a set of Carbones and a Quarq...in anticipation of the SL4).
The EVO has the Red group on it. My aerobic base training has kicked off, and it would be nice to get on my new bike...