Old 07-14-05, 10:03 AM
H2OChick
One day at a time

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by barleyrocket
H2O? what didn't you like about the sprint. You say you won't do one of those again? Why?
I guess I didn't find it challenging enough, especially from a mental perspective. I enjoy the battle that goes on in my head when I'm pushing myself to my endurance limits and I didn't get that in the sprint - it all went by too fast. And frankly, I'm not that interested in speed. The challenges that I'm seeking now in life are to do things I haven't done before or that I think would be very hard to do. (One of the reasons I skipped the epidural for my third baby, for example.) I'm not interested in improving my time in a particular event (been there, done that - for 15 years of competitive swimming), but in attempting unique challenges. I wouldn't say I wouldn't do a sprint again, but I'm looking for new dragons to slay. I've never run more than 7 miles in one go, so for me, that would be a new challenge. I've never biked more than 25 miles at one time, so that would be a new challenge. And then putting it all together after training... Y'know what I mean? It sounds kind of sick when I write it down, like I'm really into suffering or something, but I think others here understand that mindset (right??!!!)