Old 12-25-11, 04:52 PM
Elev12k

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 37 Posts
I wouldn't consider that a good memory. Similar happened with a 54cm Presto I sold. Couple months later I contacted the buyer to learn how the projects was going. He told me the bike was stolen from his balcony... Ouch, that hurts. Still hurts. Since than I be carefull with what I offer where and I adjusted my prices upwards.

Not really a trade story, but certainly a good score: below pic shows me being happy with my team Gonso Batavus cyclocross bike. It is a pic from right after collection. The bike was advertised in the 'BMX & Crossfiets' section. A not so logical choice and I think it was up for light years. When I spotted it I immediately made a phonecall and I were welcome. As you can see it was around the same time of the year as now. I had to cross half of the country, but my Swedish car was of course is fully capable to deal with the sometimes very slipery roads. Especially near destination, a roomy set up quarter with huge estates, it was more skating than riding. The man was a kind older gent. He told me a bit of his history with cycling and the bike. I showed my enthousiasm and I am sure he became very well aware that I knew where I was talking about. Still, at some point he asked me the question whether I was going for it. He were very excited when I said a) 'yes, of course!' and b) that I were willing to pay the full asking. The full 50 (fifty) euro asking!

I would have been willing to reach much deeper in my wallet, but of course I rather spend the money on the next addition to the fleet. You can imagine my happyness.

Me being happy with my just acquired Batavus in 2009