View Single Post
Old 12-27-11, 02:30 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill
Good idea! You don't want the ContourROAM. It is a dumbed-down, crippled camera with a non-removable battery and no 60fps mode.
Really? I had no idea that they got rid of the removable battery! What a horrible idea. I thought all they did was integrate the on/off mode into the [rec] switch.
I love the removable battery because I picked up a crapload of 1250Ah Nokia batteries for $5.00/ea and a wall-plug charger for under ten bucks. I keep a stash of batteries and microSD cards with my gear, and I can swap mounts to my teammates all day at a CX race and only have 2 cameras. (No need for the genuine Contour $30 battery and $30 charger when it's just a BL-5c battery.)

I will give Contour credit on the new Flex Strap mount, though. They're what we used for the helmet mounts, and it's solid! Much better than their old Vented Helmet mount with the crummy velcro straps that never got tight enough.

I'll look into sealing up the LED on my cams, too. Maybe I'll just dab a bit of clear silicone caulking over the hole so I can still see the LED.

*edit*
I can still nab a ContourHD 1080p for under $140, so I might snag a couple of them.

Last edited by CliftonGK1; 12-27-11 at 02:45 PM.