Old 12-28-11, 10:56 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HawkOwl
You'll have to keep us up to speed on battery life. Almost everyone I know who has Android or iPhone systems complains of battery life unless they turn off about half the functionality. Many of them tell me they can't even make it through a complete business day on one charge. On the other hand our Blackberry Torch phones(touch screen and keypad) can go two or three days between recharges and still using all the device's functions. Don't do a lot of Wi-Fi internet and the time between recharges gets longer.

When our contract expires we'll be looking for something and have considered Windows phone as a replacement. Unless Blackberry comes through on their promises that is.
My battery life has been fine; I've gone three days without a need to charge. Of course I do turn off everything but what I'm currently using (on rides I keep the phone function on and the tracking program running). When I need to use the other functions, I simply turn them on. When job is completed I turn them off. It takes but a few seconds once you know how to do it. My youngest son jokes that "smart phone" really means you have to be very smart to figure it out. I don't know this to be true, but do know there is a learning curve, as with anything else. Now, he (my youngest son) must charge his in the middle of the day as well as at night. But he's using his to download music, watching streaming video, post photos to Facebook, etc. Those really do drain battery life.

Denver, remember that after Alice went down the rabbit hole she ultimately realized that the Queen screaming "Off with their heads!" was nothing more than one card in a deck of cards, and she woke up safe and sound in the same spot where her dream started. As with many things, the fears often seem bigger than the ultimate reality.